Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Letter to a Tisorrel Fish

Jump in, the water is fine
you heard him say
you plunged in.
The poisoned water turned you into a piranha,
but you were my favorite fish.

The wizard cast a spell on you
but you had a choice,
in that split second
when your logic would have won...
you gave in
for wizard's charm was irresistible.

Without me, my dear Tisorrel fish,
you could have been flushed down the sink,
the reward for saving you from the whirlpool is,
your teeth dug into my skin.

Maybe I should pull the plug
and let you drown;
I don't have to justify myself,
I shouldn't have to justify myself.
My hand are clean,
my conscious is clean,
and I don't belong to the business
between you and the wizard,
nor the war between him and greed.
I have been nothing but a saint,
play fair, Tisorrel
because I don't have to be one.

No comments: