Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Foxy Afternoon

The temperature dropped suddenly. Only 7C at night, we skipped the fall. The weather feels worse when the changes you have been wait for are not happening. I had to buy a third folder for my file, doing it the German way, punched two holes and put them neatly in chronological order and scan everything. Finally got a letter from the highest court in the region (KG), the judge said that the verdict was yet to be made: there were still more details to be examed.

I haven't decided if I will continue the German course because if I pass the MII test at the end of the month, there is only one higher level in the whole language scale table, but with MII, I can already go to school here. Although I missed the deadline and I have to wait for another year. I cross my finger to have my status stabilized soon, a job (or two) is a necessity.

Being seasonal sensitive, I have been more anti-social than usual. The itinerary is school--flat, with occasional supermarket visits, when I am obliged. Some of my friends left Germany because of the fall-vacation, some of them simply finished summer course, or got a job in a land far far away. The time seems to be dragging, a simple three-more-day-wait for the next letter from court appears to be eternal and I dream about it.

Nightmare time, I was frequently awaken and told that I had been screaming in my sleep.

The weather sucks, Nominalisierung von Verbalformen gives me headache, Mündliche Prüfung is intimidating, my backpack is broken and the heat is not yet on...

So I took a walk at 3PM in a cemetery. There was no one else, besides a fox. A tiny baby fox ran across the path as I approached a family grave. He stopped and tilted his head, staring at me with curiosity -- a person, an alive one! That was the first wild fox I have ever seen and we both just stood there...

As I was on my way to the exit, I turned around -- the fox was standing in the middle of the road, still with his tilted head and curious look, towards me.

No comments: