Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Midwinter night's dream...

was to get enrolled in the university this summer. I checked the study offers online, deadlines... all that necessary information on how to get a student status in Germany. The University says that the deadline for summer semester is on 15 of Feb. and the ones who want to enroll in a Master's program needs to apply to the school directly instead of going through a Agency who would charge you fees by your nationality.(no seriously they do)

Application season means paper snow season. I photo copied my documents, sent them in and waited impatiently in front PC. A few days later, I got two emails from the same university, one said that I would get an appointment from them for another German test, and the other said that they had forwarded my application to that money grabbing agency and there was no further action I need to take.

That made me feel somewhat better...

until...

I got a letter from the Agency last night, saying that I have a deficit of 25 euros and that my applications wouldn't be processed until I paid the fees and filled out another form from their website. I started filling out the form last night and since I had a few questions, I gave them a call this afternoon...

Greetings greetings blah blah blah

"Your application number please."
"79789709"
"You have a deficit of 25 euros, and this payment was supposed to on our bank account today, which means too late."
"I got your letter last night."
"I know, we are sorry."
"On your website it states that your office is open until 17H, which means I can still go there and pay the bill in cash."
"But the payment deposit closes at 15H."
"It is only 16:15, I can pay you in cash."
"We are sorry."

The letter was written on 17 of Jan -- a Saturday, then there came the weekend, so it was probably sent out on Monday. I got the letter on Wednesday night and the deadline was at 15H Thursday? And there is nowhere on their letter says that when the payment was supposed to transferred. I am not the one who runs the Post Office here, now would you want me to start a law suit with the Postman? It feels like you need a lawyer for everything, even just to register at some school.

No comments: