Friday, October 15, 2010

Little Emma in Slumberland - In the Land of Obscure Dreams

Little Emma in Slumberland - In the Land of Obscure Dreams

A class is at the movie theater to watch a film, in which two families live together. Both have two kids and their mothers. One of the mothers looks very two dimensional, like cut out of a cardboard and she has been very insecure all the time, then something minor happens and she jumps off the balcony / window and disappears. The children are sad, esp. hers.

I am somehow part of the film and part of the audience. I end up looking for the mother and I find her in the middle of a park, very confused. But she gives me two bags, both are regular plastic grocery bags but one is sealed like a cylinder like zip top. Both are filled with water and I brought them to the families and they realize that their mother is alive (from a bag of water!?) and soon after, she returns home.

The movie ends. We all go out and have a drink with the director or some important person producing the film. A girl and I were a bit late heading for the bar so we could see the rest of them are having fun at the top of the hill (where the bar is) and when we finally climbed up there, the crowd has been gone, there was an old scary woman with candles and the bar becomes a very creep and dodgy house. The old woman was expecting men apparently and she does smell like nasty danger. I say “good bye”, unlock the door frantically and storm out of the house, as I run down the hill, I was so paranoid about her chasing me but no one is behind me. (I get chased all the time in my dreams)I safely arrive at the main street.
Tons of people gathered at the main streets, I thought it was a demonstration but it turns out to be a parade. One of the major things in parade is a golden, gigantic, ancient fire department vehicle shaped like a boat. It is as big as a building. There are other old fashioned things at the parade, like old crafts, books and all.

Then I am looking for the important guy from the film ( I don’t know why), his name is like Gandhi or something. So I ask the man in front of an Indian restaurant and he says that he might come by on Sunday. I continue to walk down the street and get on the train. The Gandhi guy is on the same train! So we sit down at a table and speak. I ask him about an Email that we all get as a class, about Grandma and Visa (huh?), then I ask him if he needs any writers for his movies and if there is a small side job. He says that he is doing a war film right now and I could get paid for 400 euros if I walk around the block in different costumes 190 times, sometimes I would drop my keys, or be “the guy around the block”.


I am going to stop eating sweet stuff before bed, and look up what did Freud say about seeing a golden old fire truck.

No comments: