Monday, October 11, 2010

Peace you say?

Peace you say. The word appears on children's menu, encouraging "give peas a chance"; the word Mercutio hears from a lover boy; the word is like polar bear, I know what it is, I haven't touched it myself.

As if I have been hibernating for more than 500 days. I don't remember the last time I woke up before noon. I forgot what morning looks like; it is part of being a student in summer break; someone told me nicely. A dear friend of mine told me to shut off the news during healing. I tried to do it in the past couple of days; it doesn't work very well. I love the feeling of having my espresso in my sleep wear while reading the news. This is more than a habitual thing, it is that over heated coffee spoon that you have to hold to stir your java; it might irritate the finger tip, but without that extra heat, stirring coffee would have become something else. If I can't take the news right now, would it be easier to me after months' blank and then take it all in one go? Sooner or later we all have to return to the reality and face human cruelty.

Red post-it notes are on the wall, to remind me of joy. Wouldn't it be nice if I could think about more of the good sides of things constantly, I suppose it takes more practice than I thought. It is very true that most of the news broadcast are bad; we can always blame the media for abusing people's fear, tickle their bank accounts for more shocking the news is, the more it sells. Why are we more alert and in a way attractive to destructive news, I don't know; but the fact of watching the reports on the distinctions of animals and plants, oil spills, senseless violence and tolerance shows that either homo homo sapiens have adapted to the new environment with a stronger stomach for gruesomeness or we have become numb; but could one just throw out the laptop and TV and pretend everything is fine? Is it too late, for we always knew?

I guess there is no all-purpose formula to heal from any kind of psychological disturbance, but I am paying my gratitude every day and waiting for the idea of balancing my world shall come soon.

Peace you say?

No comments: